It’s not a new discovery or anything, but I really despise the heat of summer. I’d take a blizzard over +30s like it has been for a few days this week. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this overwhelmed by the temperature, I actually slept on my bedroom floor with Grace.
Some recent events:
– I was made assistant manager at my workplace, which is cool because I’ve only been there a month so far. Must be doing something right!
– NunatuKavut received some amazing news regarding land claim agreements which I was so happy to have been witness to.
– Also NunatuKavut related, I got my salmon tags and am going fishing next weekend!
– My Avro has new tires and a gel seat cover so I’ve been enjoying more rides in the last couple weeks than I probably accomplished all last summer.
– I bought an aloe vera plant and it makes me happy just looking at it
– I decided I wanted to live life more minimalist so I spent a week going through all of my possessions and had a giant yard sale. I now have significantly more space, feel better, and made +$500!
That’s it for now. Here’s a few pictures from my recent excursions.
I’m not sure if I mentioned this in any other blog post, but I am a member of NunatuKavut, formerly named the Labrador Metis. I’m in the process of writing a research paper on NunatuKavut and I am looking for some direction. I’d like to know if any of you are familiar with the group – and if so, do you know of any resources (books, articles, recordings) that would help me out with my paper?
Shamefully, I don’t know a lot about this group that I belong to; but I can tell you one thing, and that’s what I do know I’m proud of.
I noticed today that I have 112 people following my blog via email. I wouldn’t have noticed that except I added the ‘follow blog via email’ widget today and was blown away! Thank you for following me.
I’m off to do a little research for this paper & come up with a topical outline for what I’m going to write. When it’s finished, I’ll upload a copy in a new page I will be titling “Works”.
Here are some links to stories I’ve written recently:
No two photographers are alike
Corner Brook blog takes home best overall blog award
Author overwhelmed by his ‘awesome’ success
Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday, and all the best for the coming week.