It’s not a new discovery or anything, but I really despise the heat of summer. I’d take a blizzard over +30s like it has been for a few days this week. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this overwhelmed by the temperature, I actually slept on my bedroom floor with Grace.
Some recent events:
– I was made assistant manager at my workplace, which is cool because I’ve only been there a month so far. Must be doing something right!
– NunatuKavut received some amazing news regarding land claim agreements which I was so happy to have been witness to.
– Also NunatuKavut related, I got my salmon tags and am going fishing next weekend!
– My Avro has new tires and a gel seat cover so I’ve been enjoying more rides in the last couple weeks than I probably accomplished all last summer.
– I bought an aloe vera plant and it makes me happy just looking at it
– I decided I wanted to live life more minimalist so I spent a week going through all of my possessions and had a giant yard sale. I now have significantly more space, feel better, and made +$500!
That’s it for now. Here’s a few pictures from my recent excursions.
Most from Birch Island Creek. There is a beautiful boardwalk around the area, nearly finished. It’s a beautiful walk.
What it’s all about
The air is better here
A great way to spend an afternoon
Boardwalk for days
Do no harm
Keep on walkin
Fall is here
Boardwalk around the edge of the Churchill River
The city lies asleep tonight, while we play pirates in the sky.
My posts have been few and far between, life has been busy. I’ve been battling sickness since the beginning of August and it has intensified into a sinus infection which I’m medicating for now. There’s ginger and lemon everywhere in my house!
I’ve re-started Keto. I did this ‘diet’ when I was renting in another part of town where I had access to gym equipment. It really worked out well for me, and I’ve hit a point now where if I don’t make some drastic changes I’m in for a really rough winter mentally and physically. So far, so good. But damn I miss good ol’ white bread and milk chocolate.
I’m vice-chair of the Melville Public Library Board. I don’t know if I mentioned this previously, but I volunteered to be on the board this past June and suddenly became vice-chair so that’s exciting! We’re in the early planning stages of some new programming that I hope to be involved with so that will spice up the long cold winter months. P.S. We’re having a Christmas craft sale & silent auction at the College of the North Atlantic on December 2!
I bought my first Christmas present. This is meant to be funny, because for the last number of years I’ve literally waited until the last two weeks before Christmas to get gifts for my people… but here I am… planning and plotting in September.
I ordered business cards. Say whut? Yeah. So with a background in journalism and 5 years of experience in social media and web management I thought to myself, “Self, you could probably help more people navigate this business if you wanted to.” So I’m going to test the waters with independent marketing work on a very small scale. I have helped two small business owners in the last year who said they don’t know why I don’t do this for more people because the demand is there. So. I’m listening.
Planting blue spruce trees, Lip and Gordie.
May break these bones.