I’ve recently had a scary incident with hypertension. After a 10-hour hospital visit, my doctor put me on two types of blood pressure medication to get my symptoms under control. It was a really scary day. Scary enough that I’ve replaced bacon with cheerios, and all beverages with water.
(I mean there are more changes, just trying to interject some humor)
I took 4 days off of work and went to St. Lewis to see my family. I was really in need of some downtime. I could joke and say that visiting my family didn’t help much with the blood pressure… lol… because it didn’t… but truly, it was nice to be with mom and dad for a while. I live within a 6-hour drive of them, pending road conditions, but it seems like I never get to see them.
Here are some pics from my visit.
Me rockin’ my ALF suit
Mom as a teenager
Fishermans Point gulch
Nice hair, mom
Aunt Lucy’s knitting
Mom and Dad
I am the color of outdoors
Don’t cross the yellow line
And other things of note for July.
Hope you’re well.
It’s not a new discovery or anything, but I really despise the heat of summer. I’d take a blizzard over +30s like it has been for a few days this week. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this overwhelmed by the temperature, I actually slept on my bedroom floor with Grace.
Some recent events:
– I was made assistant manager at my workplace, which is cool because I’ve only been there a month so far. Must be doing something right!
– NunatuKavut received some amazing news regarding land claim agreements which I was so happy to have been witness to.
– Also NunatuKavut related, I got my salmon tags and am going fishing next weekend!
– My Avro has new tires and a gel seat cover so I’ve been enjoying more rides in the last couple weeks than I probably accomplished all last summer.
– I bought an aloe vera plant and it makes me happy just looking at it
– I decided I wanted to live life more minimalist so I spent a week going through all of my possessions and had a giant yard sale. I now have significantly more space, feel better, and made +$500!
That’s it for now. Here’s a few pictures from my recent excursions.
Most from Birch Island Creek. There is a beautiful boardwalk around the area, nearly finished. It’s a beautiful walk.
What it’s all about
The air is better here
A great way to spend an afternoon
Boardwalk for days
Do no harm
Keep on walkin
Fall is here
Boardwalk around the edge of the Churchill River
The city lies asleep tonight, while we play pirates in the sky.