In between my 15 page research paper, my 22 slide presentation, my 30 cue cards, and rocking out to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I found the time to get outside and take this. Just for you.
BULLY – Lissie
Run ragged and wrecked
Catching a tiger
Baiting a bully
Was this my idea
Is it a mistake
Why did you take me here
(Am I too far from home
Am I really all alone)
Walkchild don’t run
Go off and have fun
We’ll be waiting
Just look before you cross
Take love with the loss
I know it’s frusrating
Mama’s here and your papa too
And we are so darn proud of you
Proud of you….
Reach but don’t push it away
Say nice words and play
Find out what matters
I know your heart’s been broken
But martyrs never open doors
The world is yours
Carry this torch
And use your voice
All of us who turned into you
We’re sure hoping that you pull on through
Pull on through…
Not a lot to say today, I’ve been swamped with homework, and right now all I want to do is relax (and sleep).
Here’s something I need you to do. Yes, you.
Click that link and you’ll be headed to a contest that could potentially send this Newfoundland Punk Rock band to Montreal to play with the best of the best in the punk world — yeah, that’s right, Warped Tour.
Now go do it.
I knew from the time I woke up this morning that I had something to say; I just didn’t know what it was.
I have been doing a lot of soul-searching these past few days, I could probably write a book about how I ‘feel’ right now. But really, who has the time or attention span to listen to someone go on and on about their personal lives – besides a best friend that is — not a lot of other people give a *blank*.
So here I am with a simple list, telling you something I just wanted to say, for the sake of saying something.
People I wish I could meet –
In no particular order:
1. The managing editor of National Geographic, Lesley B. Rogers. Why? because I want a job there.
2. Every surviving member of Pink Floyd. Why? because I really want to express to them in words, actions and probably embarrassment, what “Wish you were here” means to me.
3. The founder of Post Secret, Frank Warren. Why? because what he introduced into peoples lives is so inexplicably amazing, he just needs a hug and a thank you from everyone.
4. Leonardo DiCaprio. ‘Nuff said.
5. Liam Neeson. I just want to hear him talk. About anything.
6. The person responsible for the disappearance of my 15-year-old dog, Kimo. If I ever find out what happened to him, they will pay.
7. Stephen Harper. Why? because I’m a Canadian citizen and I don’t know enough about Canadas politics.
8. My Art Technologies teacher from grade 12, Craig Goudie. You inspired me to keep going with my art, because it was, is, and always will be important.
9. My great grandparents. They passed away before I was born, I just wish I could have known more about where I came from.
10. The person I was in high-school. I wish I could sit her down and tell her to keep her head up, her heart straight, and her mind focused – because life gets better.