It’s only the 7 of November but it feels like we’re in the middle of winter here in Goose Bay. We’ve had a crazy amount of snow (and still falling as I type). The Internet has been touch and go, and sometimes the lights flicker. It’s kind of funny considering a book I read recently by Waubgeshig Rice deals with just that.. what would happen in a small town in the middle of winter if it were to lose power and Internet; connections with the outside world. It was a really great read and I suggest checking it out. There’s a picture of the book below in my photos.
Recently Goose Bay held it’s annual Christmas Traditions Craft Fair which I always attend, and was not disappointed. Year after year many from around the area gather to share their talents with others. There were some superb crafts for sale this year, including sealskin Christmas trees made with natural or dyed seal skin. Very intricate and thoughtful work. I also stocked up, as I do every few months, on Spruced Up goodies.. it’s the only soap I have been using for the past 2+ years because it is SO GOOD for your skin.
I hope everyone is doing well! I am in the middle of a cold virus + uvulitis which is making my throat super uncomfortable, but I’m enjoying every cup of tea I can get my hands on!
I took a trip home to St. Lewis to spend Thanksgiving with my family. It was really nice to spend time in the shed with dad, and to spend time crafting with mom. And I mean, the turkey dinner wasn’t too shabby either.
Here’s some photos from recently.
It’s not a new discovery or anything, but I really despise the heat of summer. I’d take a blizzard over +30s like it has been for a few days this week. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this overwhelmed by the temperature, I actually slept on my bedroom floor with Grace.
Some recent events:
– I was made assistant manager at my workplace, which is cool because I’ve only been there a month so far. Must be doing something right!
– NunatuKavut received some amazing news regarding land claim agreements which I was so happy to have been witness to.
– Also NunatuKavut related, I got my salmon tags and am going fishing next weekend!
– My Avro has new tires and a gel seat cover so I’ve been enjoying more rides in the last couple weeks than I probably accomplished all last summer.
– I bought an aloe vera plant and it makes me happy just looking at it
– I decided I wanted to live life more minimalist so I spent a week going through all of my possessions and had a giant yard sale. I now have significantly more space, feel better, and made +$500!
That’s it for now. Here’s a few pictures from my recent excursions.