So maybe i’m a little behind the times, whatever. I picked up the first copy of the book of AWESOME today, coincidentally this is the day that book 2 was released. I found out via twitter.
The book definately made me smile often, and ‘lol’. One thing I found jarring about the book was that the author mentioned McDonalds A LOT, and fast food A LOT. It’s just one of those things you notice and it kind of skews your attention from the rest of the book.
I’m hoping that version 2.0 will be bigger and better. Though I am very pleased with the optimism that this book has left me with. Also, I learned two new things that I hadn’t noticed/thought about before:
a) there’s an arrow beside the little gas pump symbol on your instrument panel indicating which side of the car the gas cap is on!
b) there are inserts on the side of the tin foil box that pop inward so you don’t lose the roll while you’re hauling off some foil!
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite AWESOME things that were mentioned in the book. Yes, I did read the book with a clipboard and pen in hand.
1. Seeing a cop on the side of the road and realizing you’re going the speed limit anyway.
2. Hitting a bunch of green lights in a row.
3. Taking your bra off after wearing it for hours.
4. Waking up before your alarm clock and realizing you’ve got lots of sleep time left.
5. The smell of crayons.
6. Hearing a stranger fart in public. ( One of my personal favorites!)
7. Finally remembering a word that’s been on the tip of your tongue for so long.
8. When you arrive at your destination just as a great song ends on the radio.
9. Snow falling on Christmas Eve.
10. Getting something with actual handwriting on it in the mail. (Another of my personal faves, I wish people still did that!!)
On a different note, I thought of a couple of my own random acts of awesome.
– Buying a new set of pens and using one for the first time.
– The sound of a stove kettle whistling.
– Getting a higher grade then you expected on an exam.
Writer and photographer from remote Labrador, Canada. Just another cold Labradorian chillin' in the Big Land. Can most likely be found walking my dog Grace or behind an iMac screen slowly taking over the interwebs.