I had a mad craving for a Summer day today. Aaron and I went for a drive out around St. Georges, only the second time I’ve ever been out there. The area just seems like one long stretch of road with houses on either side. I don’t think it would be somewhere I could live, unless I lived on the side of the road near the beach. You could put me anywhere as long as I had a beach right alongside.
These photos were photoshopped, well, Lightroomed? haha. I really wanted a nice Summer feel today, forgive the mess I made while changing some colors, I know some don’t blend that well.
Here they are; I’m gonna go enjoy the last few minutes of sunshine left to this day.
I knew from the time I woke up this morning that I had something to say; I just didn’t know what it was.
I have been doing a lot of soul-searching these past few days, I could probably write a book about how I ‘feel’ right now. But really, who has the time or attention span to listen to someone go on and on about their personal lives – besides a best friend that is — not a lot of other people give a *blank*.
So here I am with a simple list, telling you something I just wanted to say, for the sake of saying something.
People I wish I could meet – In no particular order:
1. The managing editor of National Geographic, Lesley B. Rogers. Why? because I want a job there.
2. Every surviving member of Pink Floyd. Why? because I really want to express to them in words, actions and probably embarrassment, what “Wish you were here” means to me.
3. The founder of Post Secret, Frank Warren. Why? because what he introduced into peoples lives is so inexplicably amazing, he just needs a hug and a thank you from everyone.
4. Leonardo DiCaprio. ‘Nuff said.
5. Liam Neeson. I just want to hear him talk. About anything.
6. The person responsible for the disappearance of my 15-year-old dog, Kimo. If I ever find out what happened to him, they will pay.
7. Stephen Harper. Why? because I’m a Canadian citizen and I don’t know enough about Canadas politics.
8. My Art Technologies teacher from grade 12, Craig Goudie. You inspired me to keep going with my art, because it was, is, and always will be important.
9. My great grandparents. They passed away before I was born, I just wish I could have known more about where I came from.
10. The person I was in high-school. I wish I could sit her down and tell her to keep her head up, her heart straight, and her mind focused – because life gets better.