I knew from the time I woke up this morning that I had something to say; I just didn’t know what it was.
I have been doing a lot of soul-searching these past few days, I could probably write a book about how I ‘feel’ right now. But really, who has the time or attention span to listen to someone go on and on about their personal lives – besides a best friend that is — not a lot of other people give a *blank*.
So here I am with a simple list, telling you something I just wanted to say, for the sake of saying something.
People I wish I could meet –
In no particular order:
1. The managing editor of National Geographic, Lesley B. Rogers. Why? because I want a job there.
2. Every surviving member of Pink Floyd. Why? because I really want to express to them in words, actions and probably embarrassment, what “Wish you were here” means to me.
3. The founder of Post Secret, Frank Warren. Why? because what he introduced into peoples lives is so inexplicably amazing, he just needs a hug and a thank you from everyone.
4. Leonardo DiCaprio. ‘Nuff said.
5. Liam Neeson. I just want to hear him talk. About anything.
6. The person responsible for the disappearance of my 15-year-old dog, Kimo. If I ever find out what happened to him, they will pay.
7. Stephen Harper. Why? because I’m a Canadian citizen and I don’t know enough about Canadas politics.
8. My Art Technologies teacher from grade 12, Craig Goudie. You inspired me to keep going with my art, because it was, is, and always will be important.
9. My great grandparents. They passed away before I was born, I just wish I could have known more about where I came from.
10. The person I was in high-school. I wish I could sit her down and tell her to keep her head up, her heart straight, and her mind focused – because life gets better.
Writer and photographer from remote Labrador, Canada. Just another cold Labradorian chillin' in the Big Land. Can most likely be found walking my dog Grace or behind an iMac screen slowly taking over the interwebs.